Our Commitment to Privacy
The Asphalt Pavement Alliance (APA) values our online users and we respect your privacy. We collect information about you through our Web site in an effort to improve your browsing experience and to communicate with you about new releases of publications and information. As described in this policy, we may share your information among our partner associations. Our partner associations include the Asphalt Institute, the National Asphalt Pavement Association, and the State Asphalt Pavement Associations.
This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with our partner associations. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use your information. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our Web site. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears above. If we change the policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you. You may exercise your choices about how we collect and use your information consistent with this policy at any time.
What kind of information does APA collect?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, etc., when you visit our Web site, request information, or add your name to our e-newsletter list.
How does APA use my information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our publications and products, unless you have directed us not to contact you.
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- To analyze trends and statistics
- To protect the security or integrity of our Web site and our business
- To contact you if necessary
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls.
Does APA share my information?
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- When you provide personal information, may share that information with our partner associations. Our partner associations include the Asphalt Institute, the National Asphalt Pavement Association, and the State Asphalt Pavement Associations.
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, sending communications to our users, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
How do I unsubscribe from your electronic communications?
Every communication from us includes an “Unsubscribe” function. Click on “Unsubscribe” and you will be removed from our lists.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving communications from us again by signing up when you visit our Web site again.
How does APA protect kids' privacy?
APA is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our Web site is a general audience site and is not targeted to or intended for use by children.
Our Web site uses "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a site. Cookies may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing experience.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient browsing experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
What is "phishing"?
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email.
What about links to other Web sites?
How do I contact you?
Asphalt Pavement Alliance
5100 Forbes Blvd., 2nd Floor
Lanham, MD 20706